There’s a beautiful magnetic sticker on our refrigerator which reads “Cooking is the hearth of our home”…gifted to us on our anniversary by our three young children.Over the years , it’s browned in color and has chipped in several places.However 17 years down, it still continues to be our favorite item.It has inspired me to cook…and truly make our kitchen exude with warmth and love.With the older two children gone away from home now, memories of fun-filled happy meal times totter back to my mind. Meal times … made lively with discussions, arguments and more. Healthy bonding, I would say. Each dish cooked, robust with flavors, reminds me of them. As if each flavor was individualistic .The layered, richly flavored, herbed rice and lamb biryani so loved by our daughter. And now a favorite with her husband too. The succulent chicken tikkas and kababs which our son and his friends devoured with passion.
Needless to say, there’s contentment when I’m in the kitchen. Cooking and reminiscing. There’s this serenity that, I think, few people enjoy in the busy world of today. Its “chill-time” as my youngest says…."mom looks best in the kitchen”. I think that’s a compliment!
And so, inspired by Ronnie Bennet (Time Goes By), and by family and friends I’m going to share the warmth and happiness of our kitchen…and share some great recipes too! The blog title sounds exotic, the recipes are not. Indian food is not about messy masalas and exotic ingredients.Infact there are some flavorful, elegant, healthful and sophisticated recipes in our recipe repertoire.And what’s good food, if it’s not shared?
Till tomorrow.....

Comments

Popular Posts